My baby boy turned five today. We skipped school , just Ben and I took him to the zoo. We then bought a cake and took it over to his school at about 2:15 pm to share with his class. Dad surprised him with a new dog. Our last two ran away together. Or maybe got stolen?
We took several pictures and had a great party for him on Saturday. All his friends and family gathered and we celebrated Ben.
I will eventually post pictures from the party and the zoo. But if I don't write now I may never. Maybe tonight I'll find time.
WEll its my boys bday so I got go spend time with him.
I love you Ben.
Quick story.
The weather has been blistering cold a whole 52 degrees. Fahrenheit. lol and on Thursday night it occurred to me that we might get rain on our parade. Thursday night I was wondering if I should pray for good weather for Saturdays party. I thought uh what happens if we do get rain and the temperature continues to fall? then what will I tell the kids? I don't know why But Javier and I went on ahead and prayed for great weather on Thursday and Friday. Ben was a little freaked out after we prayed on Thursday the thought of bad weather on Saturday was not something that Ben had thought could ever happen. (We had been planning your outdoor camping themed party , with camp fire and hay ride) Friday night we prayed for great weather. and well low and behold Saturdays forecast predicts low temps in the 50s and rain on Friday and again on Saturday , but over our house we have clear skies and sun. Javier was working on the fire all morning and we had people here all afternoon setting up and so forth. Saturday we were all to tired to get together to pray ( I vow to always tell the truth) So Sunday we thanked God for great weather and all day Saturday I thanked Him for the wonderful weather, not too cold- not too hot.
Thank you Lord for giving me the courage to ask for things that I have no control over. Thank you for this wonderful lesson on faith and most of all thank you for allowing my family to be part of your perfect plan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
October 2008
Mattaw
No comments:
Post a Comment