So I have officially joined the 21st century and so I'm blogging and facebooking.
It's funny to think about how much Javier and I have changed since college. I mean we are still the same people, but now:
I take classes on leadership on my spare time instead of taking African Drum classes with the Ko- Thi Dance Company.
I read the Bible, instead of The Girl with Curious Hair. (ok my friend Vicki P. still makes me read Sedaris).
I drink instead of never mind.
I really try to match my clothes and my jewelry and my bag and my shoes...
when before I bought my clothes by the pound.
I wake up at 7 am and go to bed (before this blog) before 10pm, Instead of going out at 10 pm and coming home at never mind.
I comb my hair most of the time, flat ironed and curled. Instead of.. gees what did I do with my hair, left it long and tangled.
I work for non-profits (for no profit), I worked to pay the bills.
What's changed?
I'm a mother,
I'm closer to God than I've ever been,
uhmmmmmm.
Ben, Gaby and God you've changed me for the better, but definitely still not the norm.
Thanks, I needed that.
P.S. I still play my drum. Except now it's to the beat of "Be carful little hand what you touch..."
I probably shouldn't go into pant size. huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
October 2008
Mattaw
1 comment:
Cool, I would love for you to come play the drums and fill my house with a little more noise. It's just so quiet. Ha!
Post a Comment