I met dad in college I think I already blogged about that. Got engaged three years after dating in April 1999, I graduated with an associates degree in nursing May of 1999. Passed my board exams that summer, Dad and I got married August 1999 and moved to Milwaukee for four years while Dad was in dental school. I work as an RN in Milwaukee those four years.
I was going to go back to school to get my bachelors and I did I took a class in Milwaukee I took a few at our local community college, Dad finished school, passed his boards in May 2003, Ben was born 2003 then Gabba 2005. I took a few more classes after that but never really made up my mind to go to school full time. Well both of you are in school all day I'm bored outta my mind so today I applied to go back to school in the Spring. I didn't tell Dad I just did it. Dad called me to eat lunch with him at Chick-fill-a and as I'm telling him what I did he looks me straight in the eye and tells me "I'm never going to leave you"
I have always kept my RN license current so I am a Rn in the state of Texas, and it's not uncommon for a nurse to take a little time off to nurse their own young family which is what we have chosen for me to do. And I could break into some longo speech about this, but tonight as I have all afternoon I'll just thank the good Lord for my Javi.
Life is tough for us right now, more sleepless nights than ever before, but in this crazy crazy world it's good to know that the man God has given to be me "is never going to leave me". Not that I've ever thought he would or that we have ever even been close to that, but I thought it was hilarious that he said that.
I'll blog later about how this college thing goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
October 2008
Mattaw
2 comments:
Good luck with that Vicky! May God continue to bless you guys.
What a sweet post. Miss y'all!
Post a Comment