Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Father's day 2009 the post that almost got away

I don't think that I ever posted my tribute to Javier and all the Dads in my family.

To Javier- sweetie there's is only one perfect you. Thank you.
I can't think of one thing I would change about you, even your annoying traits are gladly accepted here. You show soooooooo much love to our two children the way you treat me teaches Gabriella so much on how a man should one day treat her. You open doors (the one thing that impressed me when we were dating) you wait your turn (always last) you play (whatever we choose) You provide spiritually (opening the blinds to every ones room on Sunday,getting us to church on time), emotionally ("you don't love me" "Ben, hit me" -uhm Ben is like you no emotions lol), financially ("Dad how much will you pay me if....." "Honey, wouldn't it be fun to...")
You've taught our children so much in such a little time about patience ("wait"), love (this is so constant and taught in so many ways I could go on forever) and peace.

I love you, Benjamin and Gabriella love you and we just want to thank you for loving us unconditionally.

To Dad

I love you, You are an awesome Dad. 'Ole faithful. Always there when needed never complaining when your not. We love you.

To My Father in law; Javier

Getting to know you has been a true pleasure. Truly enjoy are time together. Long dinners, long talks. Omar loves you and looks up to you more than anyone I know. Thanks for teaching him all that you have (minus the longhorn obsession. lol)

To Gustavo

Not to sure how or why God put you in our lives but you are truly God sent. Thanks for all the countless hours of advice on many many different topics. You are a man of God, thank you for that example. Thank you for teaching Javi to be the best Dad possible. (please stop trying to teach him how to hunt, we are okay with not shooting animals.lol)

To David

Wow never thought I would be wishing you a happy fathers day. but here it is . You are doing an amazing job with Kirsten. I'm so proud of you. Continue to set an example on how her husband should one day treat her. I love you. Thanks for always being there for Ben and Gabs. They love you soooo much. "where's uncle David?"

Father's Day Mayhem- We are blessed with some amazing men, here is how we fit them in on Father's day 2009

Breakfast with Javier's Dad- 7 adults, 4 happy children, one grumpy boy
Church- Sermon bring us all to tears- Not about how bad fathers are and how to improve But instead on what great gift Dads are to us.
Lunch with Gustavo- 12 adults, 7 very tired children
Dinner with Dad and David- Picked up botana call Yvett and David, we talk, laugh, eat and end the day with a game of baseball girls vs boys. Watch the sunset.

What an awesome life to have such awesome men in our lives. Thank you, Lord.

1 comment:

Myra Hough said...

Loved this post! I never got to my father's day post! HA!

October 2008

October 2008
Mattaw