Happy New Year! Hope everyone had a safe night . We ended up with only two burns. Mine from trying to make Bunellos? and Ben wore crocs and one firework ended up in it after it fired. Way to go Mom. His didn't blister mine did. We took part in a progressive dinner last night four families drove togerther to each others homes and had dinner and games at each home it was fun. Gaby ended up with a tummy ache so Gaby and I snuck out at about 12:15 am. Ben and Javier stayed to fire up the fireworks.
As for our family of four, we had a wonderful 2008 we can't imagine a better 2009. But know that we will because that's what is promised to us. Our family grew to include a dog. Gaby started school. Javier had a successful year at work. Ben continued with little league and basketball. Our baby turned 5. We bought some land to open an office. Spent most of the summer at the beach. Traveled to Africa. Got to meet people afflicted with AIDS. Got to meet people suffering more than in the barrios or in Mexico. Gaby started making full sentences, Gaby started ballet. Traveled to Vegas and in Texas a whole bunch ( San antonio, Dallas, Austin, Houston, Fredricksberg, Toucan, Leakey). No Mexico, well mission trips yes but no real vacation in Mexico. (Must visit Mexico in 2009). Made new friendships and culivated old ones. Got season tickets to Longhorn games, that was fun. Prayed faithfully daily, Learned to let God worry more about the stuff He wants, that I daily take away from Him. My braces came off! Started blogging. Learned to say no, when it's not best for my family of four. (that was HARD).
Well "MAMA" is being bounced off our sheet rock, I better go.
Happy New Year,
Vicky
Yes of course bad things happened,(did I tell you about the time that...LOL) they are also promised to us, but I will not focus my enery on them. God is good His love endures forever.
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
Philippians 3:13-14 No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven. (and on earth " I have come that you may have life and have it more abundantly" John 10:10)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
October 2008
Mattaw
No comments:
Post a Comment