Monday, July 27, 2009

10 years

Ben and Gabs,

Oh how I love you and am going to miss you.
Daddy surprised me with a trip to Italy for our 10 year wedding anniversary.

I was soooo happy until recently when I realized that you two were not joining us. I mean I don't think you'll enjoy the 12 hour flight there and back or the walking involved. But oh how I will miss you.

Daddy and I will come back full of energy, love and life. We both love to travel and hope that you two will value it when you grow up. You guys love traveling now and I hope that stays in you.

I met your daddy in college after grandma Nana called me up to San Antonio and told me to move down or else (no money, somehow UTSA accidentally mailed my transcript to her, yikes). Since again I love traveling, I would often travel to Austin while attending UTSA, to visit my best friend at the time, Reena. Traveling and finals don't go so well.

I moved down to Mcallen late May 1996. Took a summer Biology course (b/c grandma Nana wouldn't let me enjoy another summer off) and that's where I met your dad. I saw him (and his red converse) and knew that I had to get this hottie to notice me. I asked my assigned lab partner to switch lab partners with daddy's lab partner and well I hope you see where this is going. Daddy and I were left to be lab partners, and like they say the rest is history!!!!!

We have been together ever since. We got married three years later on August 14, 1999. I was a RN by then and daddy and I moved to Milwaukee, Wisconsin August 16, 1999. Cried the whole time there. I wanted my Mommy (yes the mean lady from the previous paragraphs).

Four years later we moved back down to Texas and along came you two. Cant imagine life without your Daddy. Don't know anyone in this whole Earth who loves him more than I do.

Javier, I love you. Thank you.

Love and dreading our time apart,

Mom

1 comment:

Tyne said...

Happy Anniversary and have a wonderful time in Italy! Where are y'all going? There is a really cool town in Tuscany called Lucca- you should check it out if you are in the area. Also, maybe you could head to Forti de Marmi. Really cool beach town with fabulous shopping.

October 2008

October 2008
Mattaw